What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
H&Rs are worth every penny. Thoroughly recommend them, esp if combined with standard Bilsteins. 32 average is not bad, means you are getting up towards 40, if not more, once cruising. It's acceleration that drags it down.
I've bought KYBs for the front, they were on offer on AutoDoc. I'm surprised how good it is on fuel, on a run its equal to my 2.5 CRD manual.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hazmat disposal day at the labs and I am sick as a dog...Thankfully They are sending a truck this time. Bert is still in adventure mode.

Also, discovered three new bacteria and a new protozoan in the samples we took on this year's trip.

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought KYBs for the front, they were on offer on AutoDoc. I'm surprised how good it is on fuel, on a run its equal to my 2.5 CRD manual.
I have KYBs up front too, I had KYBs on the back but they gave up the ghost with the H&Rs, Dunno if it was a manufacturing fault or they were too wimpy. I had them refunded and got Bilsteins.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide how much it is worth it to have the dealer flush my cooling system as opposed to trying to do it myself.
It’s not terrible. There is a drain on the bottom of your radiator, pop off a hose to run the water into. I have had techs tell me to pop another hose off, and others tell me to use the drain on the radiator. I would do a little research and see what’s recommended for your system. Just remember not to put pure antifreeze in the system and to bleed the air out of it.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Jeep had its annual MOT. (First one since in my possession) It failed on the UCAs as expected, I had already bought replacements. Otherwise all good APART from discovering the rear sill had completely rusted out! So a big welding bill coming.
You must be registered for see images attach
Seems that the plastic trim is a complete water/mud trap? Is the answer to bore some big drain holes in the trim?
Dumb question from a Wisconsinite, what is a MOT?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Anyone noticed the trend of full size pick-ups rolling around on street tires made for cars?

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had an idea. I might make a fold-down shelf that attaches inside the swing gate. Hinges at the bottom, and jack chain or cord to support it.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am making the same thing!!! Dad had a bunch of black walnut go over in the storm a few years ago. I love how great minds think alike
I’ve got some scrap 1/2” plywood that the previous home owner used as shelving that I’ll use.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s not terrible. There is a drain on the bottom of your radiator, pop off a hose to run the water into. I have had techs tell me to pop another hose off, and others tell me to use the drain on the radiator. I would do a little research and see what’s recommended for your system. Just remember not to put pure antifreeze in the system and to bleed the air out of it.
I've done it myself several times. What I am trying to figure out is if the dealer would have equipment that would give it a better flush than I can do in my driveway.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done it myself several times. What I am trying to figure out is if the dealer would have equipment that would give it a better flush than I can do in my driveway.
I doubt it, I did mine with a hose at the same time as changing my thermostat, gave the heater matrix a flush, block and radiator wash through and filled + dumped the whole system a couple of times before filling it with HOAT and de mineralised water 50% mix. HOAT is quite hard to find here.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Update I got the rack and pinion and steering coupler for the 04.KJ all hooked up now. I bled the power steering system and added some fresh fluid. I put the differential bolts in the other way as recommended but I’m having trouble getting the camber bolts to go in the way I took them out it seem like when I try to adjust the camber bolts head the washer/flange rides the chamber horse shoe indicator and nudges the control arm just enough to interfere with the differential mount bolt. BTW no alignment as been done yet.

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update I got the rack and pinion and steering coupler for the 04.KJ all hooked up now. I bled the power steering system and added some fresh fluid. I put the differential bolts in the other way as recommended but I’m having trouble getting the camber bolts to go in the way I took them out it seem like when I try to adjust the camber bolts head the washer/flange rides the chamber horse shoe indicator and nudges the control arm just enough to interfere with the differential mount bolt. BTW no alignment as been done yet.
When I went to put the diff mount bolts in the other way around I found that they're difficult to get past the rack bolts and could potentially be in the way if the cam bolts were adjusted inboard. Ended up putting them back to original orientation.