Thoughts on new sway bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find Twack, but for me a $6 can of silicone spray does the same.

And the new ones look a little flimsy to me, hope the don't bend first time you flex..

I wondered the same but ive beat on them some and so far so good.

At some point I would like to try drilling out some daystar bushings and trying those with zirks, but if these dont break then that probably wont happen

Last edited:

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
i think im going to do your new thing twack bc mine make a hellve noise

dustytrader

Reaction score
This is the thread I have been looking for....just found some of these at AutoZone today for $21.99. I'm gonna pick them up tomorrow. Did you just make you own spacer for the bottom?

dustytrader

Reaction score
It's been nearly a year ago since you installed these, how are they holding up as of today?

so far seem like a vast improvement

You must be registered for see images attach

dustytrader

Reaction score
I installed these about 2 weeks ago and so far they have worked great. I went to Ace Hardware and bought a 1/4 metal strap and ground it in half for a spacer, drilled the holes out on the strap and the new bushings with a 1/2 bit and stuck them on. No noise, no squeak. They aren't near as heavy duty, but so far they have worked fine. If they wear out, I will put the originals back on and just buy new rubber bushings for them and take them off periodically and grease them. Here is a webite that I have ordered stuff from where the factory mopar rubber bushings are only $4 each.

www.mopar-wholesale.com (copy and paste link below for picture and diagram)

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...2260&callout=3&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

I bought my front driveshaft through this company and they were great. Just some different options for those wanting to get rid of the front end squeak.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.