Clevis bush replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeVilliers

Reaction score
Morning all,

The clevis bush on the Jeep need replacing. The right side being more shot than the left. You can actually here a "clack, clack sound.

I two new bushings from Moog. The Jeep has a 2" lift and I remember, when installing the lift kit, it was a pain to get the strut in and out of the clevis bush. Compressing the spring, using a jack and a few strong words.
So, two questions:
1. Is there an easy way to do this?
2. How do you get the old bushing out and the new one in without removing the control arm?

Thanks

DeVilliers

Reaction score
Morning all,

The clevis bush on the Jeep need replacing. The right side being more shot than the left. You can actually here a "clack, clack sound.

I have two new bushings from Moog. The Jeep has a 2" lift and I remember, when installing the lift kit, it was a pain to get the strut in and out of the clevis bush. Compressing the spring, using a jack and a few strong words.
So, two questions:
1. Is there an easy way to do this?
2. How do you get the old bushing out and the new one in without removing the control arm?

Thanks

Bump

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a ball joint press to push the deteriorared rubber out of the sleeve, or drill a bunch of holes in it and cut it out. Then collapse the sleeve by using a punch to relieve pressure. Then use the ball joint press to put the other in. As far as clevis fork. Detach sway bar from control arm and it should be a lot easier.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are shot too, just ordered some Moog replacements.