Third brake light removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tinted the two main tail lights, and went to pull the third one a few weeks ago to tint it. However, after removing the screws, it still wouldn't budge... am I missing something...?

Any advice would be great!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's all that holds it on. Try prying at it with a plastic putty knife or something.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tinted the two main tail lights, and went to pull the third one a few weeks ago to tint it. However, after removing the screws, it still wouldn't budge... am I missing something...?

Any advice would be great!

Yes the two screws should be it. Use something to pry it off GENTLY. Mine is actually pretty much completely stuck because I had to use caulk to stop a leak. The caulk is causing it to stick in place. However, as far as tinting, you don't need to pull it off. It's actually fairly easy to mask that piece off and spray it. In fact, that's the only light that I tinted on the Jeep. I used masking tape to get in the little crevices between the light and the jeep, then just used lots of paper to mask off pretty much the entire rear of the Jeep. Took me about 15 minutes total.

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!

Yes the two screws should be it. Use something to pry it off GENTLY. Mine is actually pretty much completely stuck because I had to use caulk to stop a leak. The caulk is causing it to stick in place. However, as far as tinting, you don't need to pull it off. It's actually fairly easy to mask that piece off and spray it. In fact, that's the only light that I tinted on the Jeep. I used masking tape to get in the little crevices between the light and the jeep, then just used lots of paper to mask off pretty much the entire rear of the Jeep. Took me about 15 minutes total.

Dude... I thought about just taping everything off, but I'd just rather just pull it and tint it off the vehicle!!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!

Dude... I thought about just taping everything off, but I'd just rather just pull it and tint it off the vehicle!!

Of course you'd rather! :O Just giving you an alternative is all. :) And telling you that in my experience, that alternative has worked out just fine.