Liberty 3 hole rear brake backing plate/ dust cover.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have at least one rear brake backing plate/ dust that held on by 3 holes?

I have a 2006 Liberty CRD. I think the rear differential was changed out. Possibly with a newer year.

I was going to order the 4 holer 2 piece and see if I could make it work, but there's not enough left of my backing plates to figure out how to do that.
Thanks

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Emergency brake dust shield/backing plate

The left one was all but gone, the right was still there, I had the Jeep at a trusted shop yesterday, because the 1994 had the shop space plugged up.

Neither I, nor the shop, can find replacement backing plates for the 2006 with 3 holes.

Our 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD has 3 studs that hold the backing plates on.

The 2003, 2004 & 2005 have 4 studs.

I saw in a review that this backing plate didn't have the wheel speed sensor hole that started in 2006.

I am confused as others have said they gad 4 studs to hold the backing plate on, on a 2006.

I did rears about 7 years ago. You'd think they would have lasted longer. Might have got driven with the Emergency brake on.

Now the pads are off both sides. I need to disable the handle or something, so nobody tanks it.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see them on rockauto - parking brake adapter. Out of stock. But the mopar # is there to search with.

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see them on rockauto - parking brake adapter. Out of stock. But the mopar # is there to search with.
I haven't found anything.

And I never got notification of your reply.

I checked my settings and thought I had it right.

I think everything as far as brakes is the same 2003 to 2007, except the wheel speed sensor 2006 & 2007.

There's not enough left of my backing plates to tell.

I was hoping someone was doing a part out or rear axle conversion and would have parts for sale.

I've seen complete rear differentials for sale, cheaper than the parts I need.

But I be can't find them now that I'm looking.

Not sure to mention I'm having health issues and have limited productivity.

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check www.car-part.com too. Whole rear axle assembly should get sufficient hits.
I checked around when I was just looking for the backing plates. Never got any hits.

It just crossed my slow mind today to look for a whole axle assembly.

If you hear of anyone That's looking for an axle assembly because theirs is trashed, I might be able to help them out a little by buying what they have.