Steering wheel upgrade!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjCherokee

Reaction score
Installed a steering wheel from a 14 KL in my 03 KJ, it took minor modification,

Here’s a before from when I first inherited the KJ and had just added a new head unit and some mopar kicker speakers
You must be registered for see images attach

So my 03 didn’t have any steering wheel controls so I deleted them off the KL wheel with some high temp thermoplastic to make a delete panel then painted them Using duplicolor Jeep Radiant Silver metallic to match my grille and rims

Next I added a new airbag ordered from Mopar that matched the vin from the KL at the Junk yard I got the wheel from

When installing the new airbag I had to splice the factory horn harness from my KJ into the horn connector from the KL. Then I added a ground to the steel part of the wheel since the KL horn button did not ground in the same way that the KJ horn button did

Now I have a working horn and an updated look on the interior of my Liberty, I also redid my headliner and I’ll post pics of that tomorrow after I get off of work!

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Im gonna guess that if I have a 2005 with SW cruise controls that the wiring might not work??

ALSO, where didya get that nice steering wheel?

Last edited:

kjCherokee

Reaction score
So Im gonna guess that if I have a 2005 with SW cruise controls that the wiring might not work??

ALSO, where didya get that nice steering wheel?
So with the wiring I have no idea tbh, more than likely no because they did change the way it’s wired between certain years.

And I got the actual steering wheel at my local pull a part, and the airbag I got from OEMUsedAuto

The silver bits on it I made myself using thermoplastic moulded into the shape and radiant silver oem paint, because on my FIL’s challenger the factory “button delete” panels are like that

kjCherokee

Reaction score
If anyone wants me to make a video on it let me know bc I have to redo part of it anyway and I’m willing to since I’m off this weekend

Members online

No members online now.