Should I buy the arms or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm finally going to be ordering my OME lift. Looking to achieve just the 2.5 inches of lift. From what I have found that can be gained by the HD OME springs and shocks right? Should I add the JBA upper arms for their beefyness or is that just a waste and overkill since I'm just ordering the lift only..

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm finally going to be ordering my OME lift. Looking to achieve just the 2.5 inches of lift. From what I have found that can be gained by the HD OME springs and shocks right? Should I add the JBA upper arms for their beefyness or is that just a waste and overkill since I'm just ordering the lift only..

927 front springs 948 rear springs
Depends on what shape your a-arms are in
Look to see if your ball joints are in good shape and if your bushings aren't dry rotted, damaged, etc then you should be OK with the stock arms
As for shocks- front shocks are all the same size, rear extended OME shocks are no longer available so the Bilstein extended rear shocks or shocks for a Dakota will work
Also need extended bumpstops for the front and 2 hockey pucks per side in the rear
I have stock A-arms and I got my alignment in exact spec and mine were apart of the recall I believe because my ball joints look brand new

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Yes springs alone will get ya 2.5 inches of lift
Now as far as the arms go, its not a matter of now or later , because you know you'll need them someday
My 03 when I got it last fall needed one UCA , of course had a spare stock one on the shelf so threw it on until lift came in. By the time I was ready to install the lift the other one was starting to go. That was with 81,000 miles
So IF you have the money now by all means do it. IF money is tight right now and your stockers are still good you maybe ok for a few months

Last edited:

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Marlon brought up a good point to me, my UBJ's are most likely due for a change. The wife has said ok to me getting the arms, so that settles it. Adding them to the order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UBJs good or not, doesn't matter, it all boils down to wife approval at the end...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No, Marlon, drives a blue KK, I know you know him lol

Yes MARLON has been to my house many times
But thought you were talking MARLIN who owns JBA
which I've been to his house many times
some have a hard time keeping them straight

Latest posts

Members online