Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hlk0622

Reaction score
I have a 06 kj lifted 2.5 or 3 inches and I have 265 75 16s on right now. Iv had problems with my ball joints falling out OFTEN I know there is recalls and it’s a common problem. I just replaced my front diff because it went out and while it’s apart I am about to replace the upper control arms, lower ball joints, axels and shocks again and I’m curious what parts are best but not extremely expensive and might help solve this problem. Iv seen people talk about needing different control arms and axels and stuff and I’m just not sure what is best. I’m a girl in my early 20s and still learning about this stuff.
You must be registered for see images attach

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moog Problem Solver greasable ball joints for the lower front. You might want to consider replacing the upper control arms on front with the JBA (Jeepin’ By Al) extended travel arms.

Hlk0622

Reaction score
Moog Problem Solver greasable ball joints for the lower front. You might want to consider replacing the upper control arms on front with the JBA (Jeepin’ By Al) extended travel arms.
Thank you for the suggestion, I will try that.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know what kind of lift is in the Jeep? The spacer lifts are harder on front end parts than a proper coil spring setup.

Hlk0622

Reaction score
Do you know what kind of lift is in the Jeep? The spacer lifts are harder on front end parts than a proper coil spring setup.
I think it’s a spacer lift. Do you recommend a certain one? Iv been thinking about changing it

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OME springs and either Bilstein or OME shocks/struts (OME = Old Man Emu) lots of posts here about which parts you would want.
Parts numbers in my sig. Check out our moderator @tommudd ‘s posts in the various lift threads here. He explains in detail what works and what doesn’t.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts numbers in my sig. Check out our moderator @tommudd ‘s posts in the various lift threads here. He explains in detail what works and what doesn’t.
You might try rockauto, for a lift you'll need control arms and longer CVC joints

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might try rockauto, for a lift you'll need control arms and longer CVC joints
JBA control arms are required when you lift 3 inches or higher. I would recommend them for a 2.5 inch lift although you can get away without having them at that height.

Longer CV axles are not needed. The stock ones do fine. I have been running the same OEM CV axles since my 4 inch lift in 2013.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My kj is stock, and I tried the Jba control arms for stock ones. I'm running fine so far and that look pretty cool