Remove Rear Fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sturules

Reaction score
I have to replace the fender from the back driver side wheel well, I see the rivets that you were talking about in a previous thread, but once the rivets are removed will the piece come off easily? The reason I ask is I don't want to scratch the paint or cause a bigger problem, you know...I have a 2012 liberty 4dr 4wh drv. Any help you can give would be awesome just like to have all the steps so I don't mess anything up it seems easy enough, but my luck I'll get the rivets out and be stuck from there.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
On the KJ Liberty, in addition to those rivets, the flares then simply "push" into the sheet metal underneath with little christmas tree-type connectors (similar to what's on the back of the interior panels on your doors). There shouldn't be much more than that. You can always drill out the rivets, and then you'll have enough movement in the flare to be able to look to see what else (if anything) is there.

Sturules

Reaction score

the rivets go all along the wheel well, not sure if all of them are for that one piece, and you saying once the rivets are out I should be able to move the piece around to see everything. I guess i'm also going to need new clips to reattach it too.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If removing the rear part of the rear flare there are also a bolt on each side that holds not only the flare but the rear bumper. Now this is on he 02-07s, I assume you have something similar on the KKs as well
Best way though is to slowly remove the rivets, screws that you see and then work your way around to the other bolts etc
Clips etc available at NAPA etc

Sturules

Reaction score
Ordered the clips on amazon for 10 bucks, the piece fits between the back door and bumper...but your saying it's bolted to the bumper. Do the bolts need a special tool or are they easy to remove as well.