regarding rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey just a thought while i am thinking bout it.
has any one here figured out how to get the rear window open while in the driving position??

2003KJ

Reaction score
When you come to a stop, unlock all the doors, and open and shut the drivers door. Then press the flip glass button on the remote and it should open up.

Nice little way to open up the glass and get some more air circulating through.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It stinks real bad when I drive around like that, and it is in the manual, not to do that.. The fumes will fill up everytime you slow down.

2003KJ

Reaction score
It stinks real bad when I drive around like that, and it is in the manual, not to do that.. The fumes will fill up everytime you slow down.

So don't slow down!!!....lol j/k

I can hardly notice the fumes, and I ride around with mine open all the time...

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh wow i would have never thought that. see at the dealership we dont worry bout lil things like that

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Tim, that doesn't work on the '05+ Libbys. You have to stop, park, turn the ignition off, THEN open the window. If you want the interior lights off and to stop the dumb EVIC from saying "Liftglass Open", push the latch in.

Really annoying. :(

? I never notice anything. Do you have all 4 of the windows down to help ventilation?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Tim, that doesn't work on the '05+ Libbys. You have to stop, park, turn the ignition off, THEN open the window. If you want the interior lights off and to stop the dumb EVIC from saying "Liftglass Open", push the latch in.

Really annoying. :(

? I never notice anything. Do you have all 4 of the windows down to help ventilation?

To turn the light off, i just push in on the light thats back in the cargo area and it turns it off. Since I don't have an EVIC, the computer will flash between "rear glass" the odometer, and chime for the first couple of seconds i'm driving with it open. Doesn't bother me.

Thats strange about the 05+'s...

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn on the idea to drive with it open. I tried this on Saturday when we had our nice weather until I saw another liberty doing the same. I then realized it looked kind of silly. I usually just have all windows down and sunroof open to give me all I need.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm torn on the idea to drive with it open. I tried this on Saturday when we had our nice weather until I saw another liberty doing the same. I then realized it looked kind of silly. I usually just have all windows down and sunroof open to give me all I need.

It doesn't look silly! It looks Libby! I'm glad the '08 KK will have the same ability.

Look harder, you'll notice LOTS of us around this area running with that window open. I ran into someone last year at the gas station. I drove in with my window open as well.
They loved running with that window open, and I gave them the latch tip... he couldn't stop thanking me. :) Airflow is much improved with the window open... instead of the air blowing in and bouncing off, it just flows all the way through smoothly, with much less noise. With that extremely large sunroof on the KK, it'll be (almost) just like having a Wrangler.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Even when all four windows are open, fumes get in somehow. Sunroof seems to help a little but then sun hits you right on top of your head..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful with that back window open. If you get stuck in traffic, get out and close it.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
The only time I really smell anything is if I get on it, the converter gets a bit hotter than normal from the engine spinning at such a high RPM and starts to get that rotten egg smell. Once I back off and continue about my normal driving, all is well.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time I really smell anything is if I get on it, the converter gets a bit hotter than normal from the engine spinning at such a high RPM and starts to get that rotten egg smell. Once I back off and continue about my normal driving, all is well.

Carbon Monoxide is dangerous.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
Carbon Monoxide is dangerous.

Dave

True....but I like to live life on the edge ;)

Seriously though, all joking aside, if you're riding with the rear window open and start to feel sleepy, please do stop and close it so you don't kill yourself...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel sleepy all the time!!! And my flipper is not even open.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look silly! It looks Libby! I'm glad the '08 KK will have the same ability. Airflow is much improved with the window open... instead of the air blowing in and bouncing off, it just flows all the way through smoothly, with much less noise. With that extremely large sunroof on the KK, it'll be (almost) just like having a Wrangler.

BTW... Marlon, like I mentioned I am on the fence. I will have to attempt the libby window open on the next nice day.

I feel sleepy all the time!!! And my flipper is not even open.

Man between fumes coming in from the open tailgate window to the sun burning your skull from the sunroof open.... don't get a Wrangler!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I love Wrangler, and I want to get one one day, maybe if I ever find a clean one with mileage on it for like $2000 or something. But, damn those things, they hold their value pretty well.... Even for those that is like a skeleton vehicle.
I wouldn't buy a wrangler as primary vehicle.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother makes fun of me when I do that. I dont like it open b/c people can see me really good.. I cant even pick my nose without someone knowing. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.