rear upper control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone out there has had to replace the bushings or ball joint in the rear control arm. I am having the back end dog tail out then I give it gas and release. Since that controls side to side movement of the axle it has to be either one of the two. I was just wondering if they are a common thing to replace.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
ball joint is common..

theres a place to get the whole thing though for 150 arm bushings and ball joint.. lemme see if i can find the url..

TBJ is the one that showed me where to get it

KTM87

Reaction score
about 2 years ago i notice a little shimmy on my jeep when i gave it gas and changed lanes, took a look and sure enough ended up being a tear in the bushing on one end:favorites68:, so ended up replacing the control arm and no more shimmy or problems
Hope this helps, kinda sounds like the same deal

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up taking the control arm out for ***** and giggles to see what it looked like. Noticed the bushings are torn, they don’t look like they are engineered very well. I have access to a press so I think I will just buy new bushings.