2009 KK Rear upper control arm R&R drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exqqqqme

Reaction score
I need to replace the driver side rear upper control arm, mine has a section that has rusted out. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips to help make this swap go smoothly?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced also. I would suggest doing all 4, upper and lower, if there is any chance water has gotten inside and they are rusting out too. Moog makes good replacements.

Unfortunately you will have to drop the gas tank to get to the upper control arm bolts on the drivers side.

Exqqqqme

Reaction score
Yes, I,m aware of the procedures in the service manual, rarely does it go that simple.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, seized bolts do s*ck, and I had to cut some out on my front suspension swap with a sawzall. Not what I would consider a fun time.

Exqqqqme

Reaction score
Well, seized bolts do s*ck, and I had to cut some out on my front suspension swap with a sawzall. Not what I would consider a fun time.
I've been soaking everything with Kroil for 2 weeks now, hope it loosens up any siezed fasteners.