Rear mounted fog/auxilary light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one? I've been thinking about mounting one for quite some time, as I could actually get some use of it it certain situations, was just wondering if anyone else uses one.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your talking about using one for adding more light when backing up, etc.... check into the hitch lights that hook up through your hitch. I would be interested to see what others have done to generate a rear mounted light.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the service manual, and apparently this was an option is some areas.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
catcher123 has lights that he mounted on his roof rack/basket facing rear.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the AZ KJ owners has one mounted on the spare tire carrier - here's a link to his cardomain page with pics. He mentions it is an IPF kit he got from Rocky Road Outfitters.
Of course, if you have a nice rim with a center cap or a tire cover then this might not be an option for you, but I figured I'd throw it out...

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try here................

Check with U-Haul..was there yesterday and they have a light kit with 2 lites that mount on the tow hitch....and also one single light that mounts in the spare tire ( no spare cover of course)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
More light?

Good day,

I have two 55w halogen magnetic mount wide angle lamps that I plug into
the (modified) rear 12volt utility socket when I need extra light when backing up or for camping etc.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/p...4442457803&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

These also allow me to use the lights on other parts of the vehicles body.
ie. As alley lights, or placed on the roof angled down towards the center
line of the front wheels illuminating the ground from the A pillar to the nose of the KJ.
Very versatile.

ry'

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to pull from this board, but LOST has a couple threads about this in the electronics section. couple guys have hooked up rear fogs to work with and independent of the reverse lanps. It is one of my next projects. I'll try to take pics for the how to section.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive yet to find a set-up that I liked.. Ive been wanting to add some this summer sometime.. Im just going to drill a hole in my gas tank skid and mount one under there.. It wont shine along way behind the Jeep, but it will light up the area behind the jeep which is all I need to see if Im getting ready to hit something.. I guess you could call it a rock light...

Ive had a 3 way switch in mind.. One position would be off, another would be on, and the other would be wired to a wire coming from the rear tail lights which would turn it on when I put the ****** in R.. All of which would be wired to a relay..