Rancho RS 5764

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

urbanboy

Reaction score
are these struts the same length as the stock struts. i just got my liberty and it has new struts. i would like to get OME HD spring and OME medium spring in the rear. so can anyone tell me? thank you in advance

urbanboy

Reaction score
so can i buy the springs and use the struts i have, then upgrade the struts at latter date?

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. You need the longer struts.

Not for the fronts you don't. The RSX17505 and RS5764 are the same length. However, you will need longer rear shocks. The RSX17004's are longer. Others have mentioned using the rear shock from a '98-02 Durango, RS5248.

So to answer your question, yes, you could use the struts you have. However, the tear-down required to install the new coils will make you wish you replaced the struts at the same time. :)

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys keep calling them struts when they are a coilover shock? We have an upper and lower control arm you know. Therefore.... No strut.:D

Ha, just bustin yer balls. The front "shock" for a KJ is going to be the same length no matter where you get it. The big difference comes from the spring. Get rear shocks for an '00 Durango 4x4. They'll be the right length for a lifted KJ.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not for the fronts you don't. The RSX17505 and RS5764 are the same length. However, you will need longer rear shocks. The RSX17004's are longer. Others have mentioned using the rear shock from a '98-02 Durango, RS5248.

So to answer your question, yes, you could use the struts you have. However, the tear-down required to install the new coils will make you wish you replaced the struts at the same time. :)

Ah shit lol

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys keep calling them struts when they are a coilover shock? We have an upper and lower control arm you know. Therefore.... No strut.:D

Ha, just bustin yer balls. The front "shock" for a KJ is going to be the same length no matter where you get it. The big difference comes from the spring. Get rear shocks for an '00 Durango 4x4. They'll be the right length for a lifted KJ.

meh, whatever...splitting hairs. :) they are both comprised of a coil spring encompassing a shock-absorbing device. i suppose the presence of an upper control arm can persuade me to call these coilover shocks in the future...lol

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie's Thunderbirds had struts without springs around them, your argument is invalid :D
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so here's a better explanation that i can agree with:

"A shock is designed to control spring motion as is the strut, but the strut acts as a suspension part and sometimes replaces other suspension parts."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.