Strut Spacers. Are these stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcnaughb

Reaction score
I have an 06 CRD that I have owned since almost new...it had 2500 miles on it when I bought it. I am adding an OME lift to it and while installing, I found these little aluminum spacers on the front strut studs. I don't see them on any parts diagrams. Are these stock?

Link to jpg: IMG_0077.jpeg

Thanks

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see the photos, post them directly on here.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pictures on rockauto for that assembly show those aluminum spacers for a CRD and I know the 3.7's don't have them in 2006

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look like a homemade boiler plate lift.

mcnaughb

Reaction score
Any issues leaving these on after I install the OME springs and shocks?

mcnaughb

Reaction score
Well its definitely got an old spacer lift on it. I guess I never really looked at it that closely. Height before I starting digging into it was 19.5 front and back.

Attachments

• 20231210_190648711_iOS-a.jpg
    20231210_190648711_iOS-a.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 8

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably not use them as they are putting the load of the suspension on a small area as opposed to spreading the load out over a greater area of the sheet metal. If you want a little bit more lift or just to level out the slight lean to one side a couple conduit washers under the shock would be better.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with derekj, if you want to have a spacer there it should be one peice to support the entire mount. Looks to me like the mount may also be bending, hard to tell from picture.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A slightly better version is two small scraps of flat bar with two holes drilled in each. Probably twice the surface/support area.

Another spacer alternative is the KK strut fork that you could snag at a wrecking yard. IIRC, they are 3/8" longer.

mcnaughb

Reaction score
thanks. i will leave them out for now and see where it ends up with just springs and conduit nuts.