Question for those with aftermarket Upper Control Arms.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
*Disclaimer Kick.gif*
First let me say that I am not looking for whose arms are better, I have my mind made up there.

I am wondering about the ball joints themselves. I want to know how many miles before they need replacement, the life span of either brand Moog/Spicer......and is this life span any longer than stock? Basically, do the aftermarket arms increase upper ball joint lifespan? I know there's going to be a lot of variables here. :D

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
All I'll say is, any ball joint that is greasable will out last a
non greasable (stock) ball joint.
And I believe that "After market" upper control arms have a better
angle for the ball joint to hub/spindle than a Factory upper control arm.

Yeah I know all that already :D, I'm just wondering if the aftermarket arms have actually made a difference in ball joint life. Maybe I should have asked if anyone with aftermarket arms actually replaced their BJ's yet.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I know all that already :D, I'm just wondering if the aftermarket arms have actually made a difference in ball joint life. Maybe I should have asked if anyone with aftermarket arms actually replaced their BJ's yet.

The only people that have are ones that have not kept their balljoints properly greased.

Latest posts

Members online