Please clarify 2004 Liberty transferable warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aksloan

Reaction score
Hi folks! Just bought a sweet 04 Liberty Sport with low miles at what I think was a great price. My question is will I be able to transfer the remainder of the 7/70,000 to me and how does one go about doing that if it is allowable.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you get it at a dealer or private? my dealer just did it all when i signed the papers to buy my 04.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hi folks! Just bought a sweet 04 Liberty Sport with low miles at what I think was a great price. My question is will I be able to transfer the remainder of the 7/70,000 to me and how does one go about doing that if it is allowable.

Fully transferable if you are the second owner. I do not believe it transfers to the third owner. See your dealer. a $100 transfer fee applies.

aksloan

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I am the second owner so it looks like I will get the balance of the warranty. I bought it from a Honda dealer so I guess they aren't going to be much of a help. I'll call customer service on Monday and see how to go about getting it transfered to me.

Thanks again!

aksloan

Reaction score
Fully transferable if you are the second owner. I do not believe it transfers to the third owner. See your dealer. a $100 transfer fee applies.

I transfered my ownership info to them yesterday via the Internet and when I called today to ask about how I transfer the remaining warranty they said it was already done. I asked how much I owed them and she said nothing. The only thing it will cost me is a $100 deductible per covered repair. Pretty good deal imo.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I transfered my ownership info to them yesterday via the Internet and when I called today to ask about how I transfer the remaining warranty they said it was already done. I asked how much I owed them and she said nothing. The only thing it will cost me is a $100 deductible per covered repair. Pretty good deal imo.

Good deal. I thought there was a $100 fee but I guess there is a $100 deductible and no fee. Guess I was confused...........

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, I dug into this a little deeper:

What's your build date?

The transfer fee was actually $150, and only applies to vehicles built on or after October 1, 2003.

aksloan

Reaction score
OK, I dug into this a little deeper:

What's your build date?

The transfer fee was actually $150, and only applies to vehicles built on or after October 1, 2003.

My build date was 9/03 .... looks like I just made it :D

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that was close, we bought an 05 and had to pay. It's not that bad though cause we have about 35,000 miles left on the warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.