Parking Brake Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just replaced my rear rotors and pads and I see that my parking brake assembly is all rusted and the rivets holding them in are failing. I'm looking at the 2007 parking brake assemblys and they are crazy at $250 per side. I also see KK parking brake assemblies at $90 per side. I'm going to get flamed for asking this, but will KK assemblies fit a KJ? What would I have to change over to make them fit, rotors, calipers and pads? I'll probably end up getting the $250 assembly at some point but its annoying . . .

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto 07 liberty rear park brake hardware kits. Not a one over $20.00

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto 07 liberty rear park brake hardware kits. Not a one over $20.00

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He's talking the most annoying thing we deal with on the rear disc Libby's which I'm in the middle of figuring out how I want to handle since all my hardware is gone and what was left that didn't get removed was destroyed when the plate was broke loose again. The whole assembly is attached to the backing plate so if the plate breaks loose you have to either way take out the shaft and wheel hub to re-secure it. At that point you just might as well put a new backing plate on there.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear backing plates come with all p brake hardware and caliper mounting bracket(bp rivets to it and whole assembly bolts to axle flange).Dealer only.
I replaced mine a few months ago.$400cdn up here.

Gyro

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up drilling out the rivets as others have done and put in bolts and nuts. Installed new parking brake hardware while i was at it. It took me a long time but it looks like it will last for a while.