OEM upgrades, parts from later models that fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAString

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Chrysler Jeep made many changes and improvements to the KJ after it's introduction in 2002. Many in the areas of NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness).

I'm specifically looking to see if the improved Motor mounts on the '06 3.7L will fit my '02?
52059227AB 2002 motor mount, L
52059226AB 2002 motor mount, R

52129269AE 2006-07 motor mount, L
52129268AE 2006-07 motor mount, R

Does anyone know?

Also, what other invisible "upgrades" can be made to an '02 using improved later model parts?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I had an 02 for about 9 years before my current 05 and I would say the opposite was the case. My 02 was much more quiet inside and I've got much more drivetrain vibration in the 05 than my 02 had. I've actually been wondering about motor and ****** mounts on mine. They look fine. I'm still working out the little things after having it for about 18 months now. I blame most of this on it being unused. I bought it in Dec of 16 with only 42k on it. Pretty sure the 4wd had never been used until now.

Those mounts (06-07) look quite different but couldn't really tell if they'd interchange. I'd like to know as the 02-05s used the same mounts so I would be interested in maybe updating if I could too.

I had a bad mount on my 02 that I couldn't see until I pulled the engine for some crank work. It was torn pretty bad. After installing a new one it did seem to help a bit but I never really noticed an issue when it was torn.

Only other upgrade I'd recommend would be the PCV upgrade.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you think about it, most things they made cheaper in later years, rear LCA's, window mechanisms etc Can't tell but if you need them I'd just install what was there stock

Latest posts

Members online