HomeLink & Bluetooth Overhead EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
Hi All,

It's been a while since I tuned in here. I bought a 2006 Liberty Sport 4x4 gaser for my wife in 2009. It now has 71,000 miles and my wife loves it more than ever. I have done OEM style upgrades for her like adding Renegade wheels, leather, 6-CD radio, fancy Jeep embroidered floor mats, things like that. The vehicle is holding up beautifully except for power window regulators and cargo door release things. It is time to consider one additional upgrade.

Reading through our 2006 Liberty Sport 4x4 auto-3.7L gas owners manual, I see there is an optional overhead console (EVIC) with Homelink and hands-free calling via Bluetooth. I see many of them (no mention of Bluetooth) being sold on ebay for the 02-04s with the power sunroof which we have. If I buy a Homelink unit with the power sunroof switch, is it a simple replacement for my generic one? Does the fancy one fit in the same exact manor as our generic one without other required trim, thermometer sensor, or antenna?

How does the Bluetooth feature work with today's smart phones? My wife has a Samsung S7, me an S5.

All I see for sale are for 2002, 2003, & 2004. We have a 2006. Will I have trouble because of the difference in model years? Could it be that only a 2005, 2006 and 2007 have the Bluetooth feature mentioned in my owners manual?

I would love to hear from you who have added the Electronic Vehicle Information Center in the overhead area. If you have the Bluetooth version, does it work well with your smart phone? If not, I would consider a 2002-2004 EVIC for our 2006 if it is a simple installation.

Last edited: