O M G.... How did the HVAC system even work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boueux

Reaction score
Those filters look nasty !!
Replace them, even use a shop vacuum in between service intervals?
I wish the KJ would have had a cabin filter.
I wonder if there’s a place to put a filter in the KJ? Where’s the best place for it to go, inline, if you could add a filter housing?

Boueux

Reaction score
Yes @lfhoward, thank you very much!! The comments for that video say at least once that there’s an air filter behind the glove box body ( squeeze side clips in body hinges out to reveal cavity ) but I’m thinking that may be ‘08 and up?

There’s also this Russian video that shows what some in Non US countries are talking about.. which makes me think.. if the screen was removed, I could get my H to scan it and we could print a frame that would hold an actual air filter.. hmm

Mines an 06, and I see air passage housing behind the glovebox, but no ease of use slot for a filter, it’d involve snapping the corrugated passage apart. I’ll have a look at the service manual soon, but need real filtration, so I’ll not drop this.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Boueux

Reaction score
This is apparently what you get outside of the US..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
as a number of EU and other countrys residents report being able to get these or that their 02-07 Liberty came with this.. ( which certainly looks aftermarket, as I’ve never seen a white plastic part anywhere else) but it’d be easy enough to retrofit one for a KJ if you had your hands on the underlying screen and the frame it’s mounted in.. as long as there’s clearance for it there, I can’t see why there wouldn’t be clearance to add four brackets and an inch and a half or so for them and a filter..

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good data! My friend who has a 2007 Nitro, we are going to take off the windshield lower cowel and see what we can do.

Thank you for this!
The 07 Dodge Nitro is equivalent to the 08 KK not the 07 KJ. You’ll find you can follow the 08 instructions there.

1ino

Reaction score
Never, I jam the outside inlet door shut on cars I cannot keep recirc on, I run the AC year round and don't like the outside smells.