New Chrysler Recall: Liberty '02 - '03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unlike the Chevy recalls, this current Chrysler recalls only affect 42,469 cars. Issues of this recall are the 2002 to 2003 Jeep Liberty vehicles that may be subject to a separation of front suspension components while driving. According to the NHTSA, an official owner notification campaign has not yet been announced although dealers are aware of the problem and will replace certain components to prevent this occurrence.

2001 to 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee cars also have problems. 102,354 cars are recalled because of a heating element under the front seat that potentially becomes too hot and may cause a fire. Once again, NHTSA advises that an official owner notification has not yet been sent out.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1649082/15_million_plus_cars_affected_in_chrysler.html

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. 2001-2007 have the same upper balljoints and the lowers have already been covered.

Not sure what a Grand Cherokee car is. :rolleyes:

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah! New upper ball joints to go with my 2 year old lower ball joints. If chrysler keeps this up, I'll never need to worry about my front suspension again. Of course, that doesn't mean that some of the other wear-able items won't fall off the KJ over the next 10 years.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called over to the local dealer today. they have no clue about his yet.

Yeah, I typed in my VIN on the Jeep website and also came up with nothing right now. Looks like it will still be some time.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in Michigan and the dealer was like WHT are you asking about? I told them to google the recall and they weren't having it at all.

blah! I looked at my UCA's though and they look fine. The boots still have grease in them and have no play in them. But heck when Chrysler is handing out free suspension parts!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so what if ive already had these ball joints go bad and i payed to have them fixed? dont suppose i can get reimbursed for it?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Ok so what if ive already had these ball joints go bad and i payed to have them fixed? dont suppose i can get reimbursed for it?

If you are talking about the UPPER ball joints, and your Liberty meets all criteria for the recall then you are supposed to contact Chrysler for a refund of the charges.

Latest posts

Members online