Jack stand and candle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, a friend have a 2T Jack stand and candle with a 19.5'' height that he can't keep, selling house after breakup. I know the height would be enough for my KJ but is 2T enough? my bet is yes since you support only part of the jeep weight but just wanted to make sure before getting myself something I already have no place for...

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My jackstands are all 2-ton. Haven't had any issues even with the Jeep all the way up in the air on 4 of them.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 tons = 4,000 lbs. A liberty weighs in the average range of 3,800 lbs (legal disclaimer for the nit-pickers who have nothing better to do than pick-nits: your actual vehicle weight is +/- from stated above, depending on how it's equipped).
You could in essence balance the thing on one jack stand, but I wouldn't advise it!

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a set of 4 tons for the front. The rear I have no problem with 2 tons except the fact they don't extend far enough.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jack stands are rated per pair. And 19.5" should be ok, I use one that's like 20.5".