Front vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcmk24

Reaction score
I got a 2004 liberty and it has a front end vibration at speeds over 75km/h but if I turn to the right it seems to go away.I was wondering if it would be a tie rod end i don't want to buy parts if I don't need them.The other question I got is about the 4 wheel drive what is the difference between full time 4 high and part time 4 high..Thanks in advance for any help to my questions.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum.

I live in Perth-Andover and go to GF alot. What do you have for a KJ?

I would have the front end checked first, then rotate and balance your wheels to see if this cures the vibration.

4 full time and 4 part time:

In 4 full time, the trans-case allows the front and rear wheels to rotate and diffrent speeds thru the drive line.

In 4 part time, the trans-case locks allowing the front and rear wheels to rotate at the same speed. This will cause binding if driven on dry hard surfaces.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

tcmk24

Reaction score
I got a 2004 KJ limited it is blue in the back window I got a sticker that says "there is only one jeep"if ever you see my jeep just come on over and say hi. I just put on some new tires last week and the vibration was all ready there.I hope somebody can help me out with this.Thanks about the 4 wheel drive system I have had a lot of 4 wheel drives but never a jeep.

jordan3757

Reaction score
The tires probably weren't balanced very well when they were mounted. Take it back to the shop that mounted them and tell them what speed you're getting the vibration and if you feel it in the seat or the wheel. They'll take it from there.