DWM Seeks AJP For Wild Weekend, Maybe More

Did I Miss Anything?

• Nope, You're Good. Go Ahead And Order It Already

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes, Dummy, You Did (Tell me what it is by posting in the thread)

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They have several to pick from:

http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007-kj/ball-joints-and-bushings.html

Which ones do I need?

I think I will order four of them anyway, though I think your advice makes sense. The main reason is that they are only $25 a pair and they will give me the flexibility to adjust things here and there if I need to. Despite my many questions, I have read a lot of lift threads and seem to recall a lot of people coming back after they are done wondering why things aren't level, or something like that. For little stuff where there is some debate as to how many to use, having a couple spares won't bother me as long as they are not outrageously expensive.
Most aren't level due to either bad advice from some or not following what others have done and it worked
Pretty simple really
with no extras, then no rear upper iso's
with either top plate or clevis one extra upper
with top plate and clevis then 2 upper iso's per side

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
At the end, I hope you can summarize what you bought and the links! :D
Post #47 has a quick and dirty list of everything and the very first post in the thread has a list with a link to everything. :)

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I'm the "no" vote and I don't know what you're missing. I just know the job's not finished until you make several trips to the store for the wrong parts.

Yup, I'm one of the half-empty glass with a leak in it sort of people... Happiness just lets you down.

Good luck with your lift!

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crap i clicked the wrong one, yes you have everything is what i wanted haha oops :gr_grin:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the "no" vote and I don't know what you're missing. I just know the job's not finished until you make several trips to the store for the wrong parts.

Yup, I'm one of the half-empty glass with a leak in it sort of people... Happiness just lets you down.

That was some heartfelt negativity
He'll be alright as long as he's got all sockets/wrenches, pry bars, drill/bits, and a hammer
He has all the parts he needs to order so he'll be ok

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm the "no" vote and I don't know what you're missing...

That was some heartfelt negativity
He'll be alright as long as he's got all sockets/wrenches, pry bars, drill/bits, and a hammer
He has all the parts he needs to order so he'll be ok
I think I'm good on tools. I will double check, though.

And I took his comment in this spirit:

...There's an old theory that no job can ever be completed until you make your third trip to the hardware store...
...Yup, I'm one of the half-empty glass with a leak in it sort of people... Happiness just lets you down.

Might be time for this, then:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Absolutely meant as friendly heartfelt negativity.

The glass has a leak in it, or maybe the glass is twice the size it needs to be. My beer is half empty.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you need the Y Link Extension if going for a 2.5" lift?

I have the iron man 2" lift, with an extra iso in the back, and ruined my y link quickly with the angle it was at. Got a new one and the extension bracket, the arm sits level now.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install isnt that bad i did it a few weeks back just take your time and if you start getting agitated give it a break. I had a tough time finding someone to assemble them i guess the stock shocks dont have alot of space for the jaws to grab onto. I am sure you have read plenty over your time here. Hardest part for me was taking out the stuff under the hood and putting it back. The rest came natural. I didnt remove any sway bar links or tie rod ends. Just the brakes ubj and removed the clevis fork all together. Bolted the new assembly and wrestled with the clevis fork to go back in. I didnt do any extras with a top plate i would imagine it could be tricky. Photo shows the ubj loosened i ended up having to completly pop it off no bfd. As you can see i didnt take apart everything.

Stockers were shot

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool! I'm assembling a list of names of those who've been-there-done-that and entering them into my speed dial. :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to Lowe's last night and bought some 2" Conduit Nuts.

Then tonight I sat down and with about five minutes of clicking spent over $1,000 ordering the rest of the stuff. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jeepin By Al estimated two-day shipping for the bunch of stuff I ordered as I was figuring it would be a lot longer.

The big parts are on the way! In the meantime, I can at least sit here and play with my nuts until they arrive. My brake parts are supposed to be here Thursday and I'm going to go ahead and try to do them this weekend. In the meantime I can study up on the lift installation and scope things out in a dry run while I'm in there doing the brakes.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray down your attachments with penetrating oil now, give your rusty nuts some time to stew.

Definitely ^^
I started coating all of the nuts/bolts I knew had to be removed about a week and a half prior to lifting it
Some of them were still a little tough to loosen but if it wasn't for the penetrating oil, they probably would've never came loose or would've stripped easier
Don't use WD-40 just get some Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster or something similar

Last edited: