Door hinge help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I have the libby, the driver door have been making noise but some anti-seize made the trick. Now I noticed that the part between the 2 door hinges is cracked very badly. I know that this part make the noise but now I would like to replace it since I don't want it to break on me. This thread on lostjeep show a pic of what I am talking about. Can anyone give me the name or part number of that part? can't find it.

LOST JEEPS • View topic - Door Hinge Part??

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My work computer won't allow me to view pictures on lost but I think I know what you are talking about. My car (dodge stratus) has one that is broke and is creaking a snapping. They are called "door check straps" I believe, or at least they are for my car.

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine makes a horrific noise. Is yours cracked inside the door? What is it called?

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be the good name. Now let's find a replacement. Or I will have to get it from the dealer when I will go for the recall.

No it's cracked between the door and the body, it's even missing a bar on the top. Look at the pic.

You can see on the pic that there is a big part missing where it's dark brown and on the left of that line you can see that it's cracked almost completely. At least it look like an easy replacement. Just remove the door cover and that's it. I think.

Attachments

• 20130529_144915.jpg
    20130529_144915.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 39

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be the good name. Now let's find a replacement. Or I will have to get it from the dealer when I will go for the recall.

No it's cracked between the door and the body, it's even missing a bar on the top. Look at the pic.

You can see on the pic that there is a big part missing where it's dark brown and on the left of that line you can see that it's cracked almost completely. At least it look like an easy replacement. Just remove the door cover and that's it. I think.

Yep, exactly what broke on my car. The dealer wants around $60 for the part.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Every auto parts store around here only carried the drivers side front door for my stratus. Only way to get the other doors was through the dealer...:icon_eek:

It's my driver front door so should be good. Anyway, the dealer is very close to me so I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I'll stop by napa on the way there.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
part number is 55177028AC door check rod $62.88 list $44.02 body shop cost.

overdalimit, thanks for that part number!

I ran the number on MoparOnlineParts.com and came up with a slightly better price - $42.78 US. Click through the link and then enter the part number in the search box.

No doubt more expensive in Canada but at least we know it's available. I didn't think to check if that part is bad on mine - it makes a lovely noise but I thought it just needed some lithium grease. :manos:

Bob

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would order it form US but border will tax me so much on it it's almost not worth it XD
As for lithium grease, that's how I found out mine was broken XD The noise came back few week ago so I went to the store and bought some lithium grease, when cleaning it before applying I saw how bad it was broken.