Dana 30a...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm rather new to the threads. When the dealership fellas told me that I needed a new front driverside CV axle i decided to do it myself. I bought one, researched how to install it, and struggled putting it in. When i finally got it into the front diff and put everything back together i decided to go for a test drive. Well I heard a horrible noise that sounds like stuff is clicking, grinding, and destroying the front of my liberty (02). I think I have damaged it. I want to put another one in but not sure where to find one or how difficult it is. A bit of guidance from you guys and I'm sure I'll get the liberty on a lift and start working on it.

Jose
2002 Liberty 3.7L
275/75/16

Hey Jose, welcome! I don't have the answer for you but I might suggest you start a new thread, that way it has a better chance to get noticed and get some replies.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
So I wheeled it this weekend... and the housing did just fine. I destroyed the used OEM spider gears that JBA installs instead. :(

Now looking at replacements. Wondering if the Yukon (or comparable aftermarket) brand would be an improvement over what was in there stock...?

On the upside, I'm in no rush to hurry and fix it now. We have no more planned wheeling trips this year. Going to concentrate on getting all the little issues, leaks, and gremlins worked out before next spring.