Bubble in sidewall, problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I noticed an egg size bubble in the sidewall of my General Grabbers. I took the pictures below but they really don't do it justice. I sticks out about 1/4 " on the drivers side rear tire. The tires are about 10 months old and have just under 7,000 miles on them. They seem to be wearing evenly and don't exhibit any other problems. Should I get this tire replaced or is it no big deal?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Any input is appreciated.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If thats the only bubble I would be a little worried about it blowing out.

Weve bought good year tires before and they had those all around the sidewall. We still have a set on a 94 zj that is like that. Every good year tire weve bought was like that but it was around the entire side wall, not just one bubble. The Grabbers I had did not have that at all.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would worry about it blowing out. Take it back to where you got them and see if they will replace it. Tell them you think it is a defect. (broken belt?)

Dave

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brought it in today and they will replace the damaged tire for free due to warranty. This gives me an excuse to purchase the 5 tire for the spare under the girlfriend's radar, "they can only be ordered in pairs honey" or something along those lines. Will post pics of the Jeep with the spare ASAP.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brought it in today and they will replace the damaged tire for free due to warranty. This gives me an excuse to purchase the 5 tire for the spare under the girlfriend's radar, "they can only be ordered in pairs honey" or something along those lines. Will post pics of the Jeep with the spare ASAP.

Good deal......just tell the gf that we corrupted you into it....:D

Dave

Latest posts

Members online