After Frankenlift Install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A friend at work and I both have '02's. We both bought the Frankenlift I with OME 132L's for the rear. I got my kit installed by a local shop last fall. I didn't help but I sure got in the way a lot to try and see everything that was going on.

Last weekend I helped my friend finally get around to installing his lift. Everything went all right but it seems a little different.

There is a lot of squeaking or creaking coming from the front end. It sounds like a banjo string or really tight springs. Is that just the bushings getting settled in? I didn't notice it at all after my installation but I also didn't see if they lubricated the bushings or not.

The biggest difference is the stance. My Jeep is almost level but still slightly nose-down. His now sits level but slightly nose-up. We can't figure out why. The struts in front are completely seated and tightened up.

The steering also seems much lighter, like too much weight is shifted back towards the rear wheels. When you hit a slight bump in the road it feels like there is almost no weight in the front end, and the wheels hunt back-and-forth before it feels like some of the weight comes back down. Is this an alignment problem? He'll be taking it in later this week.

Any tips or things to check would be appreciated, thanks.

And, yes they are both gas and no, he's not carrying anything in the cargo area (although I do have about a 75-pound bag of tools and junk in the back of mine). He's only got around 75,000 miles on his KJ. I've got about 65,000.

Thanks,
Andy

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine in about 3 weeks ago......I know that sound hahaha, yeah it'll stop within a week or so of daily driving.
The front springs will settle a bit.
Mine seems to bounce around more than before too especially on the highway if I'm going into a long turn and there are bumps...it feels like the whole Jeep is jumping side to side.
I had an alignment done last week but haven't driven much since so I don't know if it still does it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
take it out and flex it out good, thats what it needs plus a good alignment, you will have some squeaks until everything is settled in , the boucing around is alignment more than likely and also he's not used to driving it with a good set of springs since his were shot! Higher in the front is pretty normal and most end up installing one extra isolator in the rear , don't be afraid of it run it!!:D;)

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks guys. I guess I was so happy to get in mine after the install and run it, and no little qwerks really jumped at at me but I just really noticed those on his.

Later
Andy