A little stumble occasionally. No codes. Lots of Power!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the design is the same. They change through the years. The 2006 ignition coils are slightly taller than 2003 and the orings are different too.
I tryed to swap in a 2003 ignition coil to replace a Chinese coil it was different enough the orings did really work of course the orings were old as the jeep too.

I'd pull one coil to compare it side by side with the new to make sure the hardware you want to swap is similar enough.

Eventually I swapped all the coils for newer low mileage used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yea matching is Very Important! Finding working coils with low mileage is almost Impossible! Finding $250 on the street to buy 6 new coils sounds much easier! ;)

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to get flak for this but I had to replace 2 coils due to CPS, CKP issues awhile back.

I replaced it with lifetime ones from autozone. The fit was fine except for the electrical connector end. The tolerance was definitely slightly off as it was a tight fit.

I did consider some high temp, oil resistant rubber sheets to fab my own boot covers.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to get flak for this but I had to replace 2 coils due to CPS, CKP issues awhile back.

I replaced it with lifetime ones from autozone. The fit was fine except for the electrical connector end. The tolerance was definitely slightly off as it was a tight fit.

I did consider some high temp, oil resistant rubber sheets to fab my own boot covers.

did the new autozone ones come with boots?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.

i think with each a little over $20, you can buy 5 for the autozone rewards and used the rewards to buy the 6th one.
x.x

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.

i think with each a little over $20, you can buy 5 for the autozone rewards and used the rewards to buy the 6th one.
x.x

"Buy 5 and get one free"

Lifetime parts warranty at Autozone is very handy!!!! :icon_cool:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lifetime ....:happy175:
Wish they also paid you for your time when you replace them 18-20 times
I never pay attention to that line of BS marketing.
Years ago bought a cheaper rebuilt starter for my GMC pickup, after replacing it under lifetime warranty 11 times in two years , parts store gave me a deal , spent 40 more on a new one and never had an issues after that
Most times " cheap is expensive "

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifetime ....:happy175:
Wish they also paid you for your time when you replace them 18-20 times
I never pay attention to that line of BS marketing.
Years ago bought a cheaper rebuilt starter for my GMC pickup, after replacing it under lifetime warranty 11 times in two years , parts store gave me a deal , spent 40 more on a new one and never had an issues after that
Most times " cheap is expensive "

yea, rebuilt can be a headache there. I go new with a coupon or discount!

their store is so close to me, I can almost push the car there to replace it ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
yea, rebuilt can be a headache there. I go new with a coupon or discount!

their store is so close to me, I can almost push the car there to replace it ;)

I've walked out of so many " zones " shaking my head that's its not even funny any longer.
Last time 4 guys all following a younger lady around the store . I finally had enough time to take down their display of carb cleaners and sit them in a neat row, from cash register to the door ........
Would of loved to of seen their faces ..........:happy175:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've walked out of so many " zones " shaking my head that's its not even funny any longer.
Last time 4 guys all following a younger lady around the store . I finally had enough time to take down their display of carb cleaners and sit them in a neat row, from cash register to the door ........
Would of loved to of seen their faces ..........:happy175:

:happy175::happy175: Winning.