05 liberty 3.7 loss of power,won't down shift lots of codes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesseyepthatsme

Reaction score
Hi, please anyone with any advice would greatly be appreciated. Ok here goes. I have a 05 liberty 3.7 4x4 had and engine code p0300...changed plugs and coil ons and drove fine for a few days...when going up hill noticed loss of power and blinking check engine light...went to mechanic shop told me is was still showing random misfire deleted codes and told me to drive for a few days see if it comes back...well it's back and worse now then before...now I have no power after 30 mph rpms stay at around 2k-2500 and error codes p0700,p0750, p2098, amd p0300 all come back on tried deleting codes with obd came right back on instantly.. disconnected battery...instant return...was thinking transmission shift solenoid... bad 02 sensors clogged cats or possibly problem with ecu? ....checked transmission fluid. Saying I am full fluid is like supposed to be. Currently living in it with my wife and dogs...this is our only means of sleep and transportation....need to figure out what's wrong so I don't go wasting more money I don't have don't know what to do or who to call and can't afford to send it to the mechanic shop again not knowing the problem...any suggestions or ideas would be so helpful right now...also to mention just hit 200k mileage.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all the issues & codes.
A blinking engine light is definitely misfiring !
Mopar coils packs are best, i used standard brand with success.

Next I hope the spark plugs you used are NGK ZFR6F-11G ensure plug gap is set correctly.
You must be registered for see images attach

To do a real code clear, remove positive and negative cables and tape or clamp them together away from battery for 40 minutes, see if that makes a difference.

As far as transmission codes, any transmission shop should be abe to read anything pending or stored.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also check the behavior of each coil. With the scanner in rpm mode, turn the ignition on and disconnect coil connector of each cylinder and see if the rpm are the same or if they decreases. The coil with the same rpm point at a bad coil or spark plug or injector.
To get a best reading put the rpm in graphic mode.
I had this problem with the coil of first cylinder and it was a false contact in the connector.

Pgy

Reaction score
Hi, please anyone with any advice would greatly be appreciated. Ok here goes. I have a 05 liberty 3.7 4x4 had and engine code p0300...changed plugs and coil ons and drove fine for a few days...when going up hill noticed loss of power and blinking check engine light...went to mechanic shop told me is was still showing random misfire deleted codes and told me to drive for a few days see if it comes back...well it's back and worse now then before...now I have no power after 30 mph rpms stay at around 2k-2500 and error codes p0700,p0750, p2098, amd p0300 all come back on tried deleting codes with obd came right back on instantly.. disconnected battery...instant return...was thinking transmission shift solenoid... bad 02 sensors clogged cats or possibly problem with ecu? ....checked transmission fluid. Saying I am full fluid is like supposed to be. Currently living in it with my wife and dogs...this is our only means of sleep and transportation....need to figure out what's wrong so I don't go wasting more money I don't have don't know what to do or who to call and can't afford to send it to the mechanic shop again not knowing the problem...any suggestions or ideas would be so helpful right now...also to mention just hit 200k mileage.
I'm sorry to hear about your issues.. I have the same uphill power loss but no check engine light. I also get it when the car reaches 40mph it just loses power until I let the pedal go, downshift and then it revs and accelerates as normal. Annoying, no idea what it could be either. If you get any clues, please let me know!

Muddy

Reaction score
This thread is several months old but I just wanted to share that those were the exact symptoms mine had when one of the cats was clogged. Hope OP got his resolved.