2007 Liberty Vehicle Speed Sensor input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMadDok

Reaction score
Hey everyone, doing a radio upgrade in my GF's 2007 liberty. I have everything wired in except the vehicle speed sensor wire. I found via some searching that it's supposed to be pin 20 on connector C1, I have nothing on that connector in that slot, and even looking at the other connector with a VSS wire on the other connector in the junction box it is missing as well. Is it because she is missing a feature, or was the 2007 a weird model with like a partial canbus I need to tap into for vehicle speed?

Thank you in advance <3

To clarify. I'm trying to add in a touch screen radio for my gf with carplay etc. It was a vehicle speed input signal. This car had the RBK single CD player. I looked at this site for some of the details: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=84115

This is where I found the connector and pin numbers for the wire (later downloaded a 2006 service manual to confirm the pin out on the connector) https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/speed-pulse-signal-location-2003-liberty-le.38789/

These wires are not in the harness where indicated. No idea if she is missing a feature or something that added those wires, or if hers is a weird bastard child being a 2007.

Last edited:

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded the radio with Kenwood DMX-8020DABS but as far as I remember, I did not need the vehicle speed sensor wire, I only needed the PCI BUS to connect to the AXXESS ASWC-1, in order to retain the steering wheel functions. I also needed the reverse (got it from the passenger reverse light) for the rear camera. Mine is a 2004 Export Limited with the Infinity upgraded audio system (which I also upgraded to a system with a Helix DSP, two amps and new speakers...)
This is the pin out for my jeep 2004 Limited

Attachments

• 2004 jeep Radio C1 PIN OUT.pdf
    104.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: klc

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07's don't have a speed sensor. they use the ABS sensors to do it.

TheMadDok

Reaction score
07's don't have a speed sensor. they use the ABS sensors to do it.
Is there a module that can be plugged into the harness somewhere to get this information, or should I give up on my wild dreams of having a vehicle speed sensor input?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, as I have as yet to need one.

TheMadDok

Reaction score
I have no idea, as I have as yet to need one.
Thank you for the information sir. I think i'll just give up on my mad quest since the head unit works without it (aside from a not okay status for the install which is only shown in a system menu :p). Thanks a ton!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a question I'd have is, why does it need VSS for?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a question I'd have is, why does it need VSS for?
If its anything like the VW stereo it mutes on reversing and goes into low volume at low speed maneuvering. A really annoying function!