04 Renegade new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reneg4de

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm from quebec, canada and i'm the new owner of a 04 Jeep Liberty Renegade. Pretty happy with my purchase as it only has 126 000 kms and got it for pretty cheap. I have a couple things to fix tho. Weird thing is that my two remotes to lock\unlock the car will work with the key in the ignition and turned to ON but if im standing outside the car with my key in the hand nothing will happen... Checked the fuyses everything seems fine and i put new batteries in both remotes. I dont have any ceiling\dome lights that work neither. I thought that could only be the bulbs but the ones for the mirrors don't work... Also that " computer" thing that displays temperature and stuff always seems to reset itself when i turn the car off. I always have to put it back to Celcius instead of fareneith. Any thoughts? Hope you got everything I said english is obviously not my first language :)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Electrical Gremlins ... check your battery! The KJ does some weird stuff with a weak charge.

Reneg4de

Reaction score
I just noticed that i dont have any power at all when the ignition is not on ON ... Lights wont come on when i press the brake or anything..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your battery as Luke suggested first and welcome to the forum.

Dave

Reneg4de

Reaction score
Thanks !! Battery seems really fine though.. starts just fine looks more like electrical nightmare... i dont know if the previous owner may have a trouble with a dead battery every morning and just install some sort of switch to kill the power when the ignition is off.. ?

Latest posts

Members online