Renegade roof trim/rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
I need some help with figuring this out. I own a '05 liberty renegade and it has the larger roof rails on it compared to other submodels and previous years of the renegade submodel. Previous owners of the vehicle had the roof rail cover thing up on top that was for the '02 - '04 models. When I look at the older roof rails compared to the ones on there the older renegade roof rails look to be the same as the '05 stock roof rails. Am I correct in this assumption and would I be able to swap my current roof rails for the smaller ones so that the roof rack sits correctly because currently it does slide forward and is not held in place very well.
You must be registered for see images attach

The first image is my liberty and it has the roof-rack slid forward, the second image is just an image from google of an 04 jeep liberty with the plastic trim/roofrails.

Lemon-T

Reaction score
I am actually thinking about taking off all of the plastic cladding on the roof rack. I don't remember where I saw it. But I watched a YouTube video of some one replacing the factory roof rails with full metal ones from something else. If I find the video again I will come back and link it.

Kaizer

Reaction score
I just added Renegade rails to my 05,but don't know what kind of crossbars will work with it.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some help with figuring this out. I own a '05 liberty renegade and it has the larger roof rails on it compared to other submodels and previous years of the renegade submodel. Previous owners of the vehicle had the roof rail cover thing up on top that was for the '02 - '04 models. When I look at the older roof rails compared to the ones on there the older renegade roof rails look to be the same as the '05 stock roof rails. Am I correct in this assumption and would I be able to swap my current roof rails for the smaller ones so that the roof rack sits correctly because currently it does slide forward and is not held in place very well.

The first image is my liberty and it has the roof-rack slid forward, the second image is just an image from google of an 04 jeep liberty with the plastic trim/roofrails.
I own a 2004 Liberty Renegade as pictured, 2005 is shorter than 2004. salvage yards?

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
I own a 2004 Liberty Renegade as pictured, 2005 is shorter than 2004. salvage yards?
Yes, salvage yards will work im just trying to figure out if the 04 roof rails are the same or similar to the stock ones on an 05 liberty. Are they shorter in length or height?

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, salvage yards will work im just trying to figure out if the 04 roof rails are the same or similar to the stock ones on an 05 liberty. Are they shorter in length or height?
I meassured my 2004 roof rails (56.5 inches)