Your scariest moments driving your Liberty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow like the ending of that story..
Real family /friends do not allow ST or SRA tires to be re-used again.
I hope others who still have the stock tires get rid of them ASAP.
They are the worst /unsafe tires for a heavier 4x4 and should never have been selected as the stock tires for Jeeps. Are they still installing these crap tires on new rigs?

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I was commuting home and it was one of the rare nights I wasn't flying like a mad man over the twisty narrow mountain road that is my commute. It was a good drive home, good tunes on the XM, really nice weather, and the car I was following, a late model Honda Accord was going just fast enough, but not crazy like most of us idiots on that road. We had just come down the north side where the road straightens out again when I noticed the Honda was drifting into the oncoming lane and there was a Ford F150 coming at him. It was like slow motion and seemed like minutes even though it was only seconds. In my head, I was saying, "their gonna hit, their gonna hit!" I was all ready on my brakes and moving to the right side of the road, but there are rock cliffs going straight up from the edge of the road and no shoulder.
The Honda driver had fallen asleep, but woke up right before it was a head on collision. Each driver ****** their vehicles to the right, but to late and they hit; driver fender to driver fender. The Honda stopped pretty much straight ahead, but the Ford spun and hit the rock wall becoming airborne in reverse. His truck was about 5' in the air and headed right at me. It would have struck my driver side A piller and me at about chest height. I was as far over as I could get. The truck hit the ground right in front of me and fortunately for me, spun the opposite direction and went around me. At that time the rear axle broke away from the truck and one leaf spring pack hit my bumper and then went bouncing along under my Jeep. Hit the front diff, the transmission and the body under the rear passenger seat before sliding out and embedding in the rock wall next to me. The bumper had a hole in it and there were big scrapes in the diff housing and ****** case. The Ford stopped about 150' behind me. Amazingly, no one was seriously injured. There are still marks in the pavement where the accident happened.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in 2005 my wife wrecked her jeep. About 7:30 am she called me at home and said she hit a patch of ice on the bridge 1/4 mile north of our house and wrecked. I rushed up there and she was fine. Her liberty was not, both front tires were flat, drivers window was busted out, the entire drivers side had scratches on it, front fender flair torn off, nerf bar scratched and dented, door handles torn off and front bumper was almost torn off. She said all she remembers is hitting the ice, sliding then the jeep rolling on to it's side the window busting. She said she remembers trying to hold her head up because the ground was "right there". When i got there, her jeep was sitting upright, heading towards the north and still running. I dont see how it ended up on its wheels. She said it rolled onto it's side and from the damage it appears to have slid on it's side. Main thing she was not hurt and only one hour late to work. The jeep got fixed and is still going.

Reaction score
I fell asleep driving back from the badlands for a split second and ended up doin 70 in the median. Trucks where honking and woke me up. I've never driven that tired since

sent from my EVO 3D

nitroproof

Reaction score
Pymatuning Lake Goose Hunt Adventure

This WAY WAY before my Jeep Liberty days, about 20 years ago my hunting buddy and I were heading north on I-79 to go goose hunting at Pymatuning Lake. It was about 3:30 AM, driving my S-10 4WD puckup... I'm probably running 75 or so and pull into the fast lane to pass an 18 wheeler.

I shift over to into the left lane and start around the tractor trailer. To my alarm there is a dead deer lying cross wise in my lane, belly & feet side torward the S-10's bumper.

I gripped the wheel, gritted my teeth and we went airborne. My buddy "braced for impact" but we landed pointing north, still in the passing lane, and still traveling 75!

We laughed about after the shared cardiac arrest. I wonder what the trucker thought, it all happened right out his window.

I finally told my wife about it last year ...:happy175:

Knightrider03m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During rush hour, I had a semi come into my lane. I had to go into the break down lane to pass him since I was closer to his front end vs his back end. He was so close from hitting me I could have reached out and touched his truck with my hand.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During rush hour, I had a semi come into my lane. I had to go into the break down lane to pass him since I was closer to his front end vs his back end. He was so close from hitting me I could have reached out and touched his truck with my hand.

At least you would have only been going 20 mph since it was rush hour. (lol)

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to stay off of 264 during the rush hour times^^. The way people drive here in VB just makes me laugh.