Yet another Ipod question...sorry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an ipod 3rd generation (not that it matters) In my 2005 renny I have the single cd stereo, and factory sirius. I want to hook up my ipod to my stereo so I can eliminate my itrip fm transmitter. what options do I have? I know the sirius is hooked in the back of the stereo, but does that limit me from doing anything back there with the ipod? I dont care if I cannot use the stereo controlls for the ipod, Im just looking to get the output sound from the stereo.

Thanks in advance.

Texas Liberty

Reaction score
Go to Crutchfiled.com. They have an adaptor that allows you to use your factory stereo and it treats your IPOd like a cd changer. It runs for around $100-$120. I bought mine months ago and have not had a single problem. The one you need is model# PA10-CHR.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ill check it out. Im just not sure if the sirius receiver is plugged into that cd changer port? does the stereo have 2 inputs one for cd changer one for the satillite? I wish I could see what the back of the stereo looks like. Thanks for the help.

squirrellydw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has one port

You can by a spliter from jeep for like $200 or you can unplug the sat radio

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow a splitter for 200.00 plus the gadget to plug the ipod in? ill listen to satillite. thanks for the info.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas Liberty said:
Go to Crutchfiled.com. They have an adaptor that allows you to use your factory stereo and it treats your IPOd like a cd changer. It runs for around $100-$120. I bought mine months ago and have not had a single problem. The one you need is model# PA10-CHR.

The part number is now the PA11-CHR. It's a direct replacement.