Wipers too slow, modification?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which kind of Rain-X is preferred. Auto Zone had:
1 - A package of little pads
2 - A small (7 oz ?) bottle of "windshield wax"
3 - A larger (14 oz ?) spay bottle of "original"
4 - A gallon jug of orange stuff for the washer reservoir.

I went for door number 4 since I am basically lazy.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Let me now how it works, my resivour is bone dry and my wife is getting tired of hearing the riminder. I'll have to take care of that someday.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
number four (orange stuff) works good, but not as well as the stuff you wipe on, like melted, im lazy, and putting in the orange stuff in the reservoir is as much a task as i'd like to do during the hot months..

only thing is, it leaves a film when u first squirt it....then it goes away...

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washer fluid

You HAVE to use the Rain-X washer fluid. Any others wash away the Rain-X. They make a green, extra thick bug remover formula and an orange winter formula. Just having the stuff on your windshield makes the bugs come off easier. It's hard to find around here (VA/TN). My Jeep is black so everything shows up, the Rain-X washer fluid does not leave a residue. I have to wash my Jeep 3 times before the residue from the cheap stuff comes off.

* I always clean my glass with Armor All glass cleaner and a lint free cloth. I use rubbing alcohol on my blades.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Since I use Steel Whool to clean my windows every time I wash my Jeep (once a week or so) it comes off quicker than it should.

Steel Wool? I tried one of those brillo pad sponge things, and found it left little scratches in the glass. Doesn't the steel wool do the same thing? I ended up with one of those "sponge in a mesh bag" things sold at Walmart for 97cents.