Wipers Not Enough Pressure on Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

french69ssrs

Reaction score
Hi All
I bought my Daughter a 02 Liberty – Limited a few years ago, I had not driven it much and other than the Usual Check Up I did for the Winter, Put new Wiper Blade Refills on it.

Happened to have to drive it one Rainy Night, I thought “These wipers are Crappy – Didn’t I just put new ones in ? ”

Bought New Anco Wiper Blades and again, Crappy Results, like someone smeared Vaseline on the window.

I went onto the Forums and found a General Unhappy feel for how well Our Wipers worked, NEW/ Old, even saw Posts where the New Arms from Jeep/ Mopar were not effective.

Pulled the Arm off with a Puller and saw the Spring Hooked to that Little “C” Clip, Measured the Spring Length, Dia. and Wire Dia.

Did a lot of searching and found these Stainless Steel Springs on eBay,
1968 72 GM Wiper Arm Tension Stainless Steel Spring Trico Judge W30 GSX SS 442 | eBay
Cost $ 13.00 for the 2, so I thought I would give them a Try – Perfect Fit, Stainless and Pull Wiper Blade down very nicely.

Pictures won't load, PM me for Email Address if you want them.

Timmy from Trumbull, CT

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also just bend the wiper arm down, towards the windshield a bit too; that will put some more pressure on the glass.

I havent had issues with the wipers on my Jeep... I've been using trico aero blades lately.. one piece, monobeam design. Work well for me.

Interesting to see some different wiper arm springs that could be swapped in as well.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take off the arms and lube the pivot points

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk