Will any other vehicles spare tire hardcover work on a Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if I could maybe find another vehicles spare tire hardcover from maybe a pick and pull and use it with my 03' Libby. I got a bunch of vinyl stickers I'd like to display, and figure a hard cover would be best for them to stick to.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt, you just gotta match the tire dimensions because obviously a factory RAV 4 spare cover is not going to fit over 31's

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I like the soft covers with the zipper as it is quick to remove & replace.
Now back to talking the Jeep hard plastic ones...As far as I know they were "Cherokee" or European editions issue only.
What does the aftermarket may have ??

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I like the soft covers with the zipper as it is quick to remove & replace.
Now back to talking the Jeep hard plastic ones...As far as I know they were "Cherokee" or European editions issue only.
What does the aftermarket may have ??

I was kind of looking for a neutral one, like either w/no markings, or marking/badges that I could possible heatgun off. Just something I could stick decals/stickers on, and not have to worry about the wiper blades or bothering them by cleaning the glass.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering if I could maybe find another vehicles spare tire hardcover from maybe a pick and pull and use it with my 03' Libby. I got a bunch of vinyl stickers I'd like to display, and figure a hard cover would be best for them to stick to.

Very easy to find ones like that, many vans ran them for years , plate covers the tire with a metal ring that covers the tread, some where painted, some chrome, but can be painted
Maybe you have to be a bit older to remember or know what I'm talking about LOL

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are willing to spend $190* you can order one already factory color matched, made by Boomerang.
*You also though have to match your covers to your actual tire size.
You must be registered for see images attach

Vinyl stickers definitely wont hold to any soft tire covers.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd grab a Cherokee export market cover myself, if one was available that was not insane to ship over.. Were they on Canada models too, or just everywhere but NA?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Shipping from Uk would be a wow$ No Jeep hard covers to be found in Canada/North America unfortunately.
Just for curiosity, I called a dealer to see if by chance the hard covers could be purchased, the answer..NO.
The OE Jeep soft covers are available in the 16"-17 stock sizes, if you have 245's+ ..aftermarket time.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd grab a Cherokee export market cover myself, if one was available that was not insane to ship over.. Were they on Canada models too, or just everywhere but NA?
Is that the one that has the space for the license plate in it?

Yeah, I tired looking at them from UK ebay, and they were way outta my price range.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very easy to find ones like that, many vans ran them for years , plate covers the tire with a metal ring that covers the tread, some where painted, some chrome, but can be painted
Maybe you have to be a bit older to remember or know what I'm talking about LOL

I had someone in my scout troop who had one of those vans. With all the seats replace with the captain type seats. Everyone always tried to get in that van when we had to go somewhere camping b/c it was the most comfy. That's what I was thinking about, and was just wondering if any current vehicles had something similar I could maybe grab at a junkyard.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vinyl stickers definitely wont hold to any soft tire covers.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. I ran a large (business) sticker on my vinyl tire cover for several years. It'll depend on the type of cover, how it's prepped, and the type of sticker/glue used.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the one that has the space for the license plate in it?

Yeah, I tired looking at them from UK ebay, and they were way outta my price range.

why the hell did we get saddled with the crappy offset bumper in the states? that solid rear bumper would be perfect for mods/addons.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he was wanting like 200 or so, I'll check with him again and see
Like I said brand new , never even been tried onto a KJ
He paid a good bit for it back several years ago

I was reading up, and apparently I would need to drill into the body and also replace all the spare lugs to make it work. I was just thinking it was bolt on. Thanksanyway.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. I ran a large (business) sticker on my vinyl tire cover for several years. It'll depend on the type of cover, how it's prepped, and the type of sticker/glue used.

My decals are somewhat detailed, so that's why I was thinking of something harder and less likely to move and expose an edge.