Why is this CRD forum so dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new here. Coming from germany.

You will find the liberty in germany only with diesel engines. Its not sold with other engines. If we want to buy the 3.7 ltrs, we must take it from USA for ourselves. Last year there were 370 new Liberty in Germany. There were only 5 or 6 with 3.7 ltrs engine and they take liquid petrol gas. In germany the half of all cars take diesel.

So you are not alone !:killit:

What else would you expect from a land of engineers. You Germans know what is the best, and most efficient. If we could only get the US to figure this out. We have a bunch of politicians deciding what is best based on the odor coming from the tail pipe. We are running mostly ancient technology spark ignition engines over here. I have 2 CRDs and 2 Sprinter vans with diesels of course. (biggthumpup)

BauhausKK_Germany

Reaction score
You Germans know what is the best, and most efficient. (biggthumpup)

OK. We know how to make an engine efficient.

But: Its not because we are clever. :Bye:

No.

One gallon diesel in germany costs 7.51 US-$ (price of totay!). So we need efficient engines.

Because we love the american way of life and especially american cars, we like to buy them with diesel-engine or convert or adapt (???) them with liquid petrol gas. That is less expensive.

The engine of the jeep liberty CRD comes from Italy. It ist an old engine. The engines in the Patriot (i love that car too) and the one of the Grand Cherokee are much better. They are from Chrysler an Mercedes Benz.

:happy107:Regards!

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW over $7.00 USD a gallon for diesel......and we think $3.999 is bad and it is but it could get way worse.

I watched the fuel Movie a year ago and again last weekend. the movie was from 2008 and was showing Germany was very big on Bio-diesel and it was more avalible and cheaper than petrodiesel because of less taxes on it. Is that true. I would like to see that here in the states. We really need some major energy independance.

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW over $7.00 USD a gallon for diesel......and we think $3.999 is bad and it is but it could get way worse.

I watched the fuel Movie a year ago and again last weekend. the movie was from 2008 and was showing Germany was very big on Bio-diesel and it was more avalible and cheaper than petrodiesel because of less taxes on it. Is that true. I would like to see that here in the states. We really need some major energy independance.

Funny for being so big on Bio, my 2010 Sprinter says not to run anything over B5?

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. We know how to make an engine efficient.

But: Its not because we are clever. :Bye:

No.

One gallon diesel in germany costs 7.51 US-$ (price of totay!). So we need efficient engines.

Because we love the american way of life and especially american cars, we like to buy them with diesel-engine or convert or adapt (???) them with liquid petrol gas. That is less expensive.

The engine of the jeep liberty CRD comes from Italy. It ist an old engine. The engines in the Patriot (i love that car too) and the one of the Grand Cherokee are much better. They are from Chrysler an Mercedes Benz.

:happy107:Regards!

Well over here in the US we like your German engineered autos. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side?

BauhausKK_Germany

Reaction score
... the movie was from 2008 and was showing Germany was very big on Bio-diesel and it was more avalible and cheaper than petrodiesel ....

Yes, it WAS less expensive, i think 0,15 US-$ /gallon. But we had many problems with the engines and reduced power. And it smelled not very good.:smokin:

Now it is mixed to petrol-diesel up to 5%. For the same price. If you want to buy 100 % petrol diesel, you must buy "ultimate-diesel" (http://www.aral.de/aral/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=4000594&contentId=57846)
They tell us it would be much better than every other diesel. But ist isn't.

Only the "normal" diesel got worse because of 5% bio-share.

So we must try to behave economically.

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers may but techs cringe at the sight of them.I mean what is wrong with wheel studs and lugnuts? Stupid lug boltsprotest.gif

Yeah, they can be alot of fun, I remember them on the old VW bugs, going back to the 60s and before, and they still are using them in 2011. Actually my Sprinters have lug bolts. I wonder if they use them on heavy trucks as well?