Who makes a good quality durable cv axel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zippy the jeep

Reaction score
Ok i replaced both my cv axels with mopar original axels 8 months ago, one has failed , went back to jeep they said they have zero in country . So now i am having to find an aftermarket on , so i found “RUSTY’S offroad” in Tennesse and they said oh yea all made in america so i said great i ordered one and come to find out they just sold me a “Crown” one which is made in china , so i cancelled my order. Does anyone know where i can get a good quality durable cv axel made here in america ? its for a 2006 liberty passenger side.. dont care about the cost , i just need a good quality durable axel..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to the mopar unit? Very odd for a new mopar CV to go bad that quickly.

Typically a Napa reman unit is recommended. Had one on my KJ for around 14 years.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I only use NAPA remanned
Have replaced a ton of them over the years in various friends, customers KJs and never any issues at all

Zippy the jeep

Reaction score
What happened to the mopar unit? Very odd for a new mopar CV to go bad that quickly.

Typically a Napa reman unit is recommended. Had one on my KJ for around 14 years.
The boot dry rotted and cracked and let all the grease out in 8 months believe it or not . So Jeep is paying for the replacement so i am looking for a good made in america replacement one .. I can’t believe Mopar/Jeep has none in the US , what is this country coming to…

Zippy the jeep

Reaction score
I only use NAPA remanned
Have replaced a ton of them over the years in various friends, customers KJs and never any issues at all
Thanks ill give them a look , are they American made parts in the axels ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I will NEVER reuse an intermediate shaft always replace with a new one due to wear
I have some piled up with only 20,000 miles and won't use them again
Also unless its a very low mileage CV I would never use a used one especially on a KJ due to age etc when you can buy a remanned for 60 bucks or so with a trade in

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will NEVER reuse an intermediate shaft always replace with a new one due to wear
Also unless its a very low mileage CV I would never use a used one especially on a KJ due to age etc when you can buy a remanned for 60 bucks or so with a trade in
Good to know. I think my junkyard CV had only 20K on it and I got the intermediate shaft with it as a matched set. Back then (~2014) Napa had no remanned KK CV’s in stock nationwide. Hope they do by now.

Zippy the jeep

Reaction score
Yea i agree 100% i never would either , **** i wont even install a cheap china one .. is napa reman made in america? Do they use American parts to reman them ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea i agree 100% i never would either , **** i wont even install a cheap china one .. is napa reman made in america? Do they use American parts to reman them ?
answered above but yes they are
intermediate shafts are scarce at times so you may want to start looking for one

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on Napa cv remans, I also use their replacement boots, I occasionally tear mine down and clean them out and repack them, the outer cv rzeppas in particular benefit from getting cleaned out and repacked every 15k or so, their because of their type they don't circulate grease very well