White powder from seprentine belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed under my hood on the side of the air intake filter box and the battery and also on the insulation pad an indication that the seprentine belt is flinging a whiteish/pink powdery substance, I have cleaned it up a couple of time, comes off real easy, but it also keeps returning, thought I may have driven over something, but there is no indication on the underside, perhaps a belt dressing of some sort, or something leaking, the only thing I can think of with that color is coolant, but it does not appear to be coolant and does not appear to be oily, any ideas.
Just curious, looks I may have to saddle up and get the heck away from Katrina.

Thanks
Bob

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck getting away from Katrina, that looks like one mother of a storm. Stay safe. I agree with the above post about the possible origin of your dust.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
hey

Not trying to be funny, taste it. It could be salt residue from salty air.

Wait...I don't know where you live in LA but if you live around Lake Charles or Challmette...Don't taste it...Its Chemical Pollution. (Aeh)