Which tire cover? [POLL]

Which tire cover?!

• Lighter color, desert camo

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Darker, black green and tan camo

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
My spare is still the stock Wrangler but my other 4 aren't so it's a little mismatched :p Can't complain though, dealer replaced 4 tires for free.
like a fool when i got my 4 tires new ( smaller od than what i had) i didnt replace the spare.. so now i have an odd size spare..

subflea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither. Try to find a digital camouflage pattern if you can. Those are supposed to be based off official US military camo, but none of the services use those patterns anymore. Makes them look dated.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither. Try to find a digital camouflage pattern if you can. Those are supposed to be based off official US military camo, but none of the services use those patterns anymore. Makes them look dated.

I wanted to find USMC Desert Storm "chocolate chip" camo but no luck so far :(

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote here for no tire cover. It makes it look like a Rav-4 imo.

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of those combination cable bike locks going through the tire and tire holder.

Nuther vote for no cover.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of those combination cable bike locks going through the tire and tire holder.

Nuther vote for no cover.

i had one of those too for a while. Master Lock python or something like that it was called.

i took my tire cover off the week after i got it so i'd say go with no cover. however i like the digi camo idea too would look pretty cool.

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
X2 And another vote for no cover. As soon as my spare needs to come off the first time the cover will not return. Its like the plastic cover on a CD. Once you take it off once it should never be attempted to go back on!! Like a badge of honor.

matthewp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to find USMC Desert Storm "chocolate chip" camo but no luck so far :(

I hope this link is good (I can't verify becasue you can't access flea-bay on a government computer, but this might do the trick if you want a "chocolate chip" tire cover. These are the desert camouflage covers for the ALICE rucksacks, as used in desert storm. If I remember right, they are about the size of a 30"-31" tire. If the first link doesn't work, on the second link the ALICE pack cover is about half way down the page.

US MILITARY SURPLUS DESERT STORM ALICE PACK COVER NEW

http://www.shadowlandsonline.com/cover-desert/

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None! Mine came with the super cool/whatever Jeep Liberty cover. Zippers on the side would jam when trying to get it off. Then one night at about 5F + I had a flat coming out of Anchorage. The cover was frozen to the tire, cause snow blows up inside. I had been in my friends shop doing an oil/filter change, and "some" of the snow melted, rest turned to slush. Once outside it froze solid. Ended up ripping the cover on the perimeter to get it off. Not a fun night. It's still laying in the garage waiting for a proper burial. May not be an issue for some folk, but in cold/snow country it is more of a pain. Like TBJ said, a repository for all sorts of crap! Go natural!

linewarbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on that (if my tire was still on the back) Have always liked that look, pic of one from a past trip...

You must be registered for see images attach

That's the one I'm talking about! Those cheesy plastic "Jeep" covers don't do it for me. I'd like to change out the rear bumper skin too for the Euro with the reflectors down low.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the desert camo. it goes better with ur color. keeping the cover on is better than off because when the day comes u have to use the spare it wont be all dry rotted. i know this becuase back in 02 when my dad had a rav4 he used to never have the tire cover on. after a year and a half the tire was all dry rotted and unusable

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie has a 6 year old tire hanging on the back of his KJ that has very little dry rot, and has never been under a cover.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
369 views on this thread and 15 votes......just saying.....

Dave

Members online

No members online now.