Which Optima Yellow Top and How Much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jguthrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Optima Battery website lists 1 yellow top that fits my 2007 4x4 KJ Sport. The listed part # is "D34 8012-021". Sears says this is a $325 battery while various online retailers claim it(specifically to the part #) can be had as low as $165. However, local retailers are saying generically "D34 yellow top for your jeep" $210. WTH!

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Optima batteries are a ticking time bomb waiting to explode into a cloud of asstasm without warning.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skip Optima's all together,like JL stated there junk now.

Go over the Sears and buy the Platinum Series P1 battery(only the P1,no others).Yeah $200 battery(or about that) but twice the battery of any Optima.It also comes with a 4 year free replacement(twice as long as a Optima) and then a 72 month prorated warranty after that.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one of these D34 marine platinums. I've never heard an engine crank over so fast. It sounds like the starter is going to throw out the engine. I have no light dimming problems anymore either. I expect this to last a while and maybe for the rest of the KJs life. I'll be keeping my eye on it while its under warranty. I think for the price it can't be beat.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...o=5&blockType=G5&prdNo=5&i_cntr=1325252350130

You must be registered for see images

jguthrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm gonna try that Marine P2 from Sears RockyMountain went with. I've heard the marine batteries are a bit higher on the RC values due to the possibilities of being stranded in water.

Last edited: