Where's the Patriot??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Emoto said:
Isn't the Patriot even less capable offroad than our Libeties?
Depends. They should be close when it comes to angles, with the exception of the approach angle... that much it can't help simply because it's a FWD vehicle.

However, its Breakover and Departure angles are better than a Liberty.

However it does have IRS...

But who cares, they're all Trail Rated (If Equipped Properly).

Well, it will be interesting to see how well they go. It is definitely a nice looking vehicle.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The Patriot is right here. lol3.gif

You must be registered for see images

Autoblog.com said:
Yes, even more stuff comes down the pike from the guys and gals of DaimlerChrysler. This time, it's in the form of the Jeep Patriot, as envisioned by the good folks at the Chrysler Design Center. As of yet, it's unnamed, so we'll ask for suggestions in 'comments.'

In the meantime, we'll call it the Partly Pragmatic Patriot and give you the quick and dirty on what's been done. The modifications made were centered on making this mild-mannered people mover into a true off-roader. The majority of the focus came by way of jacking up the suspension two-and-a-half inches and throwing on 16" wheels with BFG Mud Terrain tires. That combination of tire and custom-suspension gives the PPP over 11-inches of ground clearance, which will make it easier to avoid smashing that new, metal front-bumper into large, immovable objects.

Beyond that, the team threw on a new roof rack and lighting system, and did their best to make the PPP as purposeful as it looks.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The patriot will not be anywhere near as good as a stock libby off road. The solid rear axle helps alot with flex.. Front wheel drive? The break over angle may be better, but Ive come to the conclusion that with a good driver, a stock libby can do alot more than you think.. O:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey that looks great!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as it can go offroad, I dont have a problem with it. I just wouldnt get one because I'm not a fan of the fourbanger, the FWD, and the Land Roveresque rear window.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though I haven't been a part of the "Jeep family" for very long, I've gotta say that it looks like Jeep is just building something to attract a different buyer. Not that there's anything wrong with that, that's how you stay in business I guess. But, what's next, a four door based off of the Sebring just to attract sedan buyers?? It looks to me like Jeep messed up with the design of the Compass and then tried to make it look more Jeepish with the Patriot. Because, correct me if I'm wrong, they're both based off of the Caliber right? FWD + 4 cyl. + based off of a freakin' car = Nope, I'll keep the KJ.