Where to ground amp & where to tap rear speaker wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastblackcar94

Reaction score
Putting a ported 10" into my brother's 2003 Renegade with the stock HU (non-Infinity). I'm either gonna mount the amp on the driver's side back seat or right on the box (rather not put it right on the box). Where do you guys ground your amps to? I'm considering drilling a new hole in the floor pan and stripping the paint down and using a bolt, but if there's something easier I'd rather do that. Also, those of you still running a stock deck with an amp or a Basslink, where did you tap into the rear speaker wires? I don't wanna run a new cable into the door.

Thanks. :)

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine mounted to the back of the driver side back seat. I have it grounded to the the seat belt bolt near the door.
You must be registered for see images attach

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my amp grounded under the base of the rear seat's front, left 'leg'...there's no paint there.

As for the rear speaker wires, running them from where the HU is may be the easiest way (in my opinion) and run them on the opposite side along the door trims.

fastblackcar94

Reaction score
billforde, how did you attach that board to the seat? Is there any reason I couldn't just screw 4 screws through the amp into the seat back? Feels like there's something pretty hard in there where this would be secure. Do you by change have a pic of the grounding location?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fastblackcar94 said:
billforde, how did you attach that board to the seat? Is there any reason I couldn't just screw 4 screws through the amp into the seat back? Feels like there's something pretty hard in there where this would be secure. Do you by change have a pic of the grounding location?

There is a dip in the back seat near the bottom, and unfortunately my amp was long enough to go pass the dip. So i had to screwed the board into the seat, so that i had a flat surface to attach the amp.

You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

No members online now.