Wheel locks for 2005 Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mlots

Reaction score
I ordered a 2005 Liberty, last week, and I'm confused if they come with wheel locks, from what I've been hearing. Do the new KJ's come with wheel locks. And what about the spare? Any lock included for the spare?

AntTrax

Reaction score
The dealer probably put it on. I asked the dealer for a free set and they gave me one.

gawilliams

Reaction score
No locks on mine, either.

My 2005 Limited did not have any locks. I don't worry so much about the four on the ground, but the spare seems somewhat vulnerable! If you got locks, the dealer must have added them. I read recently about a dealer who was loosing 8 or 10 wheels a month off the back of new Jeeps right off his car lot!

dnm45227

Reaction score
our '05 rennie came w/locks just because of that reason. i looked at the itemized charges and they hit us for $199.00 for "silent guard". i said 200 bucks for wheel locks!? they said no, that it also covers the cost of engraving the vin in several obscure places and parts in case the car was ever stolen and stripped.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
our '05 rennie came w/locks just because of that reason. i looked at the itemized charges and they hit us for $199.00 for "silent guard". i said 200 bucks for wheel locks!? they said no, that it also covers the cost of engraving the vin in several obscure places and parts in case the car was ever stolen and stripped.
Meh... mine also came with that crap, except I didn't get wheel locks. ](*,)

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
engraving the vin in several obscure places and parts in case the car was ever stolen and stripped.

They tried to seel me this also and I said no, a few days later I noticed the vin # on the windows, etc, guess they engrave all vehicles in the hopes that a customer will buy it, if not then they loose.

Bob

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
I don't have any wheel locks... I leave the tire cover on to slow a thief down, and while I don't worry about anybody messing with it here at work (it's right outside the door), at home, I back my Jeep up til the rear tire is ALMOST touching the garage door... would be awfully difficult to steal it there.

Also... if you haven't purchased a simple alarm with motion sensor and starter disable.... unless you live somewhere that is so remote that there's about no chance of having your vehicle either messed with, or stolen... GO GET ONE. It's WELL worth the $150 cost to buy one of these and have it installed. I have yet to own a Jeep that didn't have someone set the alarm off at least once while I owned it (wake up to the sound of the alarm and someone driving off quickly).

Luis

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: No locks on mine, either.

gawilliams said:
I read recently about a dealer who was loosing 8 or 10 wheels a month off the back of new Jeeps right off his car lot!

The dealer I used to work at had to remove all the wheels off the Jeeps and all the trucks with the wheels underneath because we were loosing so many of them. We built a huge tire rack and labeled them with the stock number and had to keep them inside.