what's with the square hole in the rear door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt2wheels

Reaction score
gotta 2002 Sport, there's this square hole about, oh, 6" square, on the inside kinda near the right side of the door (vehicle side) on the inside. Is this used for something in the Limited or Renegade? Looks like maybe a bomb compartment or something should go there. Anyway if you know, pass on the info I'd appreciate it.

mf

dnm45227

Reaction score
Are you talikng about the "cubby" type thing that has the cargo net? If so, it's just "extra" storage if you didn't get the optional cd changer.

matt2wheels

Reaction score
nah, I've got that too...that's on the right hand side panel. This is actually on the right side of the inside of the rear door. I can't even tell if it's a separate part from the panel, or cast with it in 1 part.

mf

matt2wheels

Reaction score
so you're saying there isn't a storage cubbyhole type thingy available for that space, that could be used for storing something like, oh, a .45? (whistle)

thanks for the info
mf