What's This?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Jeep updated their website and has the 07 Liberty on there. It says the 3.7L now has a exhuast gas recirculation valve to improve gas mileage. Anyone know exactly what this does? Oh, and is it just me or do all cars just seem to keep getting more expensive every year. The sport now STARTS at $22,025.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Ok, Jeep updated their website and has the 07 Liberty on there. It says the 3.7L now has a exhuast gas recirculation valve to improve gas mileage. Anyone know exactly what this does? Oh, and is it just me or do all cars just seem to keep getting more expensive every year. The sport now STARTS at $22,025.
Improve gas mileage? More like reduce emissions, lol. It does exactly what it says.... recirculates exhaust gases. Not all of it is recirculated... only some.

whoa

EGR valve...

Uh oh. LOL.

Yup, more expensive every year.... they also keep throwing in more stuff every year.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Exhaust gas recirculation = EGR. Basically what they are trying to do is capture any unburnt fuel vapors in the exhaust, shunt them back to the intake and try to burn 'em again (at least thats my understanding of the process). Just ask any of the CRD owners about the fun they are having with their EGR valves #-o

Oops, guess I should have read Marlons post before writing the whole thing.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad i got an 06 then. i don't need any more complication in my life!