What's the big difference in cross bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What changed so much between the 02-04 and 05+ roof racks that a different set of crossbars is required? Is there no way to use the 02-04 rails on an 05+ because I have been donated a set.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
the_titan said:
What changed so much between the 02-04 and 05+ roof racks that a different set of crossbars is required? Is there no way to use the 02-04 rails on an 05+ because I have been donated a set.
They didn't change. The only change was done to the Renegade. The roof rails are at least twice as thick. Sport / Limited models have the same roof rails from '02-'04.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never listen to the dealer, but they told me that they know for a fact that 02-04 bars don't fit 05+. Now that is complete BS because the only major body changes to the Liberty between those years was to the front bumper fascia and grille. I didn't necessarily believe them until I came home and checked part numbers and there are indeed two different numbers..only the other part number is a Renegade set. Idiot parts guys.

So yeah, no change, just like you said and I was certain of myself. This is proof positive why you should never listen to the dealer. Not that the dealers don't know what they are talking about - the idiots in the parts department rarely have any experience with the vehicles they are trying to give you parts numbers for.

On the other hand, I have a service tech at my dealership that is an absolute genius and isn't even one of these redneck guys I can't stand to be within 5 feet of while they are talking over my cars.

Members online

No members online now.